Treating and Managing BRAF-Mutated Melanoma, Clinical Pearls for Oncology Pharmacists: An Ask the Experts Forum
This educational activity is sponsored by Postgraduate Healthcare Education, LLC (PHE) and supported by an educational grant from Pfizer.
Registration & Dates for Activities
Wednesday, November 3, 2021
2:00 – 3:15 PM ET
Danielle Roman, PharmD, BCOP
Manager, Oncology Clinical Pharmacy Services
Allegheny Health Network Cancer Institute
Heidi D. Finnes, PharmD, BCOP, FHOPA
Senior Manager, Pharmacy Cancer Research
Assistant Professor of Pharmacy,
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
Postgraduate Healthcare Education, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Credits: 1.25 hours (0.125 ceu)
Type of Activity: Application
Fee Information: There is no fee for this educational activity.
Estimated time to complete activity: 75 minutes
This accredited activity has been designed for oncology pharmacists.
HOW TO EARN CREDIT
Participants must 1) read the learning objectives and faculty disclosures; 2) attend and participate in the live webinar; and 3) complete the evaluation form directly after the event with a maximum of within 60 days of attending the live session. To answer the questions, click on your selected choice for each answer then proceed to the next question. Your credit will automatically uploaded to CPE Monitor.
The goal of this educational initiative is to provide oncology pharmacists with advanced knowledge of how to optimally manage adult patients with BRAF-mutated melanoma receiving a BRAF and MEK inhibitor agent, including ensuring appropriate access to patient-specific treatments, developing optimal toxicity prevention and management, and providing enhanced pharmaceutical care thus leading to optimized outcomes.
After participating in these activities, learners will demonstrate the ability to:
- Differentiate available BRAF and MEK inhibitor agents for the treatment of BRAF-mutated melanoma
- Discuss aspects of BRAF, MEK inhibitor and immune checkpoint inhibitor sequencing
- Describe appropriate treatment strategies for BRAF-mutated melanoma based on patient specific factors and clinical efficacy data
- Formulate approaches to effectively manage unique adverse events when utilizing BRAF and MEK inhibitor agents in the treatment of BRAF-mutated melanoman
Introduction (5 minutes)
Presentation (60 minutes)
Conclusions & Question & Answer Session (10 minutes)
REQUIRED COMPUTER HARDWARE/SOFTWARE
Please ensure the computer system you plan to use meets the following minimum requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 98 or higher & Macintosh 2.2 or higher
- Internet Browser (Mac & Windows): Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher, Google Chrome, Safari 5.0.6 or higher, Firefox 3.0.3 or higher, & Opera 5 or higher
- Broadband Internet connection: Cable, High-speed DSL & any other medium that is internet accessible
- Peripherals: Computer speakers or headphones
- Monitor Screen Resolution: 320 x 480 or higher
- Media Viewing Requirements: Adobe Reader, Microsoft PowerPoint, Flash Player & HTML5