Please go to the PowerPak homepage
and select a course.
New Directions in the Management of Recurrent or Metastatic Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma:
Utilizing Immunotherapy to Improve Outcomes
This educational activity is sponsored by Postgraduate Healthcare Education, LLC (PHE) and is supported by an educational grant from Merck & Co.
Registration & Date of Activity
Thursday, December 15, 2022
1:00 - 1:30 PM ET
Kirollos S. Hanna, PharmD, BCPS, BCOP
Oncology Pharmacy Manager
M Health Fairview - Maple Grove
Assistant Professor of Pharmacy
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
Postgraduate Healthcare Education, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Credits: 0.5 hour (0.05 ceu)
Estimated time to complete activity: 30 minutes
Location: From the convenience of your home or business; accessible via both PC and MAC
Fee Information: There is no fee for this educational activity.
Type of Activity: Knowledge
This accredited activity has been designed for oncology, managed care and specialty pharmacists.
HOW TO EARN CREDIT
Participants must 1) read the learning objectives and faculty disclosures; 2) attend and participate in the live webinar; and 3) complete the posttest and evaluation form directly after the event with a maximum of within 60 days of attending the live session. To answer the questions, click on your selected choice for each answer then proceed to the next question. Your credit will automatically uploaded to CPE Monitor.
The goal of this PowerUp Recap session is to provide learners a summary of the case-based monograph titled, New Directions in the Management of Recurrent or Metastatic Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma: Utilizing Immunotherapy to Improve Outcomes.
(https://www.powerpak.com/course/preamble/122784, expires November 30, 2022).
The goal of the monograph is to educate oncology, managed care, and specialty pharmacists on how to optimally manage adult patients with recurrent or metastatic head and neck squamous cell carcinoma, including ensuring appropriate access to patient-specific immunotherapy treatments, developing optimal toxicity prevention and management, and providing enhanced pharmaceutical care thus leading to optimized outcomes.
During this Recap session, learners will have the opportunity to ask Dr. Kirollos Hanna questions about the use of immunotherapy to improve outcomes for patients with recurrent or metastatic head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.
Upon completion of this program, participants should be better able to:
- Recognize the role for immune checkpoint inhibitors as monotherapy and in combination with chemotherapy in recurrent or metastatic HNSCC
- Describe approaches to recognize and manage patients' immune-related adverse events in recurrent or metastatic HNSCC treatment
REQUIRED COMPUTER HARDWARE/SOFTWARE
Please ensure the computer system you plan to use meets the following minimum requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 98 or higher & Macintosh 2.2 or higher
- Internet Browser (Mac & Windows): Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher, Google Chrome, Safari 5.0.6 or higher, Firefox 3.0.3 or higher, & Opera 5 or higher
- Broadband Internet connection: Cable, High-speed DSL & any other medium that is internet accessible
- Peripherals: Computer speakers or headphones
- Monitor Screen Resolution: 320 x 480 or higher
- Media Viewing Requirements: Adobe Reader, Microsoft PowerPoint, Flash Player & HTML5