*Please note that the Diabetes MTM Certificate Program is no longer available for purchase. If you have already purchased the package, you will still have access, but you must complete all courses by May 2, 2022 to receive your Certificate.
About this Library
The PowerPak Diabetes MTM Certificate Program is a comprehensive training program for pharmacists who treat patients with diabetes and related disciplines. There are 13 Modules for a total of 27 Credit hours. Each module was created and reviewed by experts in the field of diabetes management and faculty from some of the most prestigious schools of pharmacy who have agreed to share their experiences and expertise.
This 27 credit certificate program provides up-to-date information about diabetes management in an easily digestible format that includes valuable Counseling Tips for everyday practice. We realize the role of the pharmacist is evolving: The recognition of the pharmacist as playing a key role in disease management has become a reality. Diabetes has become a global epidemic and managing diabetes is challenging to even the most seasoned health care professional. While we know that pharmacists receive training in diabetes management, we recognize that keeping up with new guidelines and medications can be an arduous task. On top of that, filling out a CMR, providing MTM, and getting an accredited Diabetes Program going can be confusing. PowerPak is sensitive to the pharmacy workflow and time constraints put on the pharmacist.
This program provides a Certificate of training verifying that you have completed the course material, and is not a Certification program.
Pharmacists completing this program should be better prepared to:
- Describe the physiology of type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- Appreciate how different treatment options work for patients with diabetes and the rationale behind these treatment options
- Identify how to empower patients with diabetes to take care of themselves by providing diabetes self-management education (DSME)
- Identify how other medications a patient takes may affect their diabetes control
- Complete a comprehensive medical record effectively and understand the MTM Star Ratings System
- Recognize the importance of diabetes initiatives and implement efficient and effective practice changes based on new concepts in diabetes management
Click here for the Program Faculty & Bio Information »
This program contains 13 CE courses
Payment is required to view and take the Diabetes MTM Certificate Program. If you have received a promotional voucher code from your pharmacy please provide the code in the box on the payment screen.