*Please note that the Pharmacy Technician Diabetes MTM Certificate Program is no longer available for purchase. If you have already purchased the package, you will still have access, but you must complete all courses by January 30, 2022 to receive your Certificate.
About this Library
The PowerPak Diabetes MTM Certificate Program for Pharmacy Technicians is a comprehensive continuing education certificate program created specifically for the pharmacy technician while recognizing their evolving role in participating as part of a health care team. Concepts are consistent with the new model in health care emphasizing a team based approach to patient care. Each module was created and reviewed by experts in the field of diabetes management and faculty from some of the most prestigious schools of pharmacy.
This 16.5 credit certificate program provides up-to-date information about diabetes management in an easily digestible format that includes valuable open-ended questions that can be used with patients in everyday practice. It also provides information on decision making for the pharmacy technician on when to consult a pharmacist.
This program provides a Certificate of training verifying that you have completed the course material, and is not a Certification program.
Pharmacy technicians completing this program should be better prepared to:
- Describe the physiology of type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Review how different treatment options work to lower blood sugar levels in patients with diabetes.
- Identify patients that may lack knowledge of how to monitor their blood sugar levels and when to refer them to the pharmacist for consultation.
- Identify patients that may be at risk for diabetes or those that exhibit symptoms of diabetes and refer them to the pharmacist for consultation.
- List some common safety concerns about insulin products, including administration and dispensing.
- Identify the role of the pharmacy technician in Medication Therapy Management services, the importance of the Complete Medication Review and how patients with diabetes can benefit from MTM
Click here for the Program Faculty & Bio Information »
This program contains 9 CE courses
Publication Date: 11/21/2019
Expiration Date: 11/21/2022
To provide pharmacy technicians with a broad understanding of the definitions of type 1 and type 2 diabetes, the clinical features of both type 1 and type 2 diabetes, and the progressive nature of type 2 diabetes.
Publication Date: 12/6/2019
Expiration Date: 12/6/2022
The goal of this CE module is to educate pharmacy technicians on the basic concepts of blood glucose monitoring and interpretation of results to assist in the appropriate treatment of patients with diabetes mellitus.
Publication Date: 6/1/2019
Expiration Date: 6/1/2022
To provide pharmacy technicians with knowledge of the types of insulin products available and how these products are used to manage diabetes mellitus.
Payment is required to view and take the Diabetes MTM Certificate Program for Pharmacy Technicians. If you have received a promotional voucher code from your pharmacy please provide the code in the box on the payment screen.