What personal information do we collect on this site, and how do we collect it?
- When you register as a new user we ask you for your first, middle and last names, mailing address, home phone number, cell phone number, e-mail address, and fax number, as well as the numbers, states and expiration dates of your licenses.
- When you sign up to receive our CE Mail Newsletter, we ask you for your first and last names, company, department, title, mailing address, home phone number, cell phone number, e-mail address, and fax number.
How do we use the personal information that we collect?
- PHE uses your name and address to grade your post-activity test and to send you a statement of credit for the CE activity. If PHE uses a third-party company to grade your post-activity test and issue a statement of credit, PHE will give your name and address to that company for that purpose only.
- If you gave us permission to use your email address to send you information about products in the pharmacy field that may be of interest to you and CE programs, then you will receive our CE Mail Newsletter and you may also receive e-mails about products and services in the pharmacy field.
- On occasion, the commercial supporter of a CE activity will ask us for a list of the people who participated in that activity, so that it may document the first level of outcomes-based evaluation in CE (i.e., who attended, which medical specialties/practices were represented, how this compares to the target audience, and whether the activity needs to be repeated because significant numbers of the target audience did not attend). In that event, we will provide the supporter with your name, title and affiliation, but we will request in writing that the supporter not contact you directly for any purpose.
- Some of the CE activities on this site are prepared and accredited by accredited providers other than PHE (“third-party providers”). On occasion, a third-party provider will ask us for a list of the people who participated in a particular CE activity that the third-party provider prepared or accredited, for the third-party provider’s accreditation record-keeping purposes. In response to such a request, we will provide the third-party provider with the name, city and state of each person who participated in that CE activity
- If we are required to disclose your personal information by any applicable law, court order, or government regulation, we will comply with such laws, orders or regulations.
Do any third parties collect information on this site?
What about non-confidential information that I transmit to you?
Any communication or material you transmit to us by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, nonconfidential and nonproprietary. We may use anything you transmit to us or post on this Web site for any purpose, including but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, posting and/or ranking. Furthermore, you expressly agree that we are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to us without compensation and for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services using such information.
How can I correct my personal information?
To keep your personal information accurate, current, and complete, please e-mail email@example.com or call 1-800-825-4696.
How can I be sure that my Information is secure on your Web site?
We take reasonable steps to protect your Information as you transmit it from your computer to our site and to protect your Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this site may not be secure, Moreover, if you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on this site, it is your responsibility to safeguard them.
How will I know if this policy has changed?
May 24, 2012.